Saturday 5 April 2014

Staircase to the heavens

Stood there at the foot of these stairs
wondering where they will lead me
these steep stone steps up to heaven
so as I climb them, I will see

The light at the top of the stairs
is drawing my imagination
upwards and onwards to the sky
can`t believe this awesome location

cool colours stones of reds and browns
leading me to a higher place
so taking each step one by one
I'm climbing up this tunnelled space

there`s a pointed arch at the top
an enticing treasure to view
and open to the sky above
with a hint of sun light peeping through

so gripping the iron railings
my heart beating with excitement
I take each towards the summit
hoping to receive enlightenment

a flight of stairs can lead you to mysterious places..!!

© Lis Bull 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment