Wednesday 9 January 2019



After the festivities


Now the festivities are over and everyone is getting back to normality, I find this a time of quietness.  The decorations are put away and you find yourself eating bland food to get over all the rich festive extras we`ve been diving into and we find that we need to lose the excess pounds we`re wearing. Family members have gone back home and the house is peaceful once more.


One thing that`s good though, the shops have stopped playing the usual rubbish they call festival music as they are in fun sway with the January Sales!!  Any Christmas wrapping paper, cards and decorations are all lass than half price to clear the shelves too!

People are back to work, and school term has started, so rush hour is in full swing each morning and evening with packed buses, and stressed drivers.The festive season is almost forgotten!

This is the time for new opportunities, chances and even inspiration to try something you`ve never done before.  A new year has started, so don`t hide, bury your head or carry on they way you`ve always done.  This is a chance to stand up, rise above the dull mundane normally and stand with your head held high, take a risk and strive towards your dreams!

I`m revamping my poetry business this month, standardising my products and prices. making it easier to understand what I do and how to start a commission too.  I am also looking at the way I advertise and what markets I will be attending during the year.

I also what to get my poetry book published and then working a second anthology of comical verses.  This has been an ambition of mine for a while and I really want to achieve it this year.  

There is also another project that I am working on in 2019, and that is my Healing Words Support group.  After I lost my husband to cancer,  poetry helped me so much. I now want to help others going through or have been through a bereavement by introducing them to poetry.  It is a wonderful way to express your emotions after such a sad event. This is something I am passionate about.


So at the beginning of the new year, after all the Christmas Festivities, there is so much to look forward too.   Though it maybe quiet and dull, I find that it is a time of inspiration, opportunity and optimism.  I  am looking forward to the rest of this year and can`t wit to see what is on offer and what I can accomplish by the end of 2019!

Wishing you all a wonderful 2019, be positive, inquisitive, creative, happy and above all … believe in yourself!!

Lissie 





No comments:

Post a Comment