Wednesday 23 January 2019



Cold weather

It`s that time of year when the weather becomes cold and icy.  January and February are wintry months and the weather confirms this.  Frost on the ground as the sun rises, feels like sparkles have been shaken over everything.  For some, it`s the muffles silence of a white blanket covering all the land. Snow looks wonderful, though unpleasant to travel back and forth to work.

Being a writer, I am lucky to be able to write anywhere. So in this cold spell,  I am able to stay at home and with my trusty notepad and pencil, I can paint pictures using the words from my heart and be inspired by all that`s around me. 

Frost, blue skies, snow or a roaring fire!   These can all be the start to new poetry in my mind.  A cat snoozing on the fireside rug or a steaming mug of frothy coffee.   That`s the joy of writing.

What would inspire you to writing?  Why not look around you and see what tugs at your imagination, then pop a few lines down on your notepad.   I would love to know what these would be. 

If you wish to share you writing, please feel free to do so.

Happy poetry to everyone

Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment