Wednesday 8 August 2012

Rain

Rain

The skies darken over head
as clouds are rolling in
there seems a heaviness
you can feel it begin

air starts to change now
a weight upon my shoulder
the first large drops of rain
makes the day seem colder

the drops of rain are heavy
splashing upon the ground
hear them in your mind`s eye
as they land all around

the sky`s so foreboding
it`s like the dead of night
almost claustrophobic
wow, such an eerie sight

then the flood gates open
torrential rain pours down
thundering on the roof tops
feel you`re going to drown

curled up on my sofa
this is where I`ll reside
let the stormy skies pour
I`m warm and snug inside.


I love the different types of weather and the changes that happen so drastically. With all the recent rain, I just had to put it into a poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment