Wednesday 5 February 2014



The Photograph

There`s an old photograph
that`s hung on the wall
fascinates me every time
it`s the oldest one of all

With it`s dirty wooden frame
hanging from a rusty nail
my memories that linger 
leading me on a mighty trail

Wanting to know more about it
this photograph has history
people who were important
this picture tells their story

I really want to find out more
to learn why this photo`s here
it`s really old and grubby now
and looking at it stirs a tear

I remember the scenery 
That wonderful church and steeple 
I've stood many times on that spot
But still can`t work out the people

Maybe one day I will find it out
Just wish I could work out who`s who
Until then I`ll sit here and think
then the memories will flood through!


Photos hold a memory held for a moment in time!


© Lis Bull 2014












No comments:

Post a Comment