Tuesday 4 March 2014

The long wait

Sat here waiting for your return
the clock ticks by the hours
missed you since you went away
just want back what was ours

this silence so engulfs me
there`s a hole here in my heart
just want to be feel complete again
so hate it when we`re apart

can`t wait until I'm in your arms
feel your body next to mine
run my fingers through your hair
oh god, please give me a sign!

all I hear is the clock ticking
time seems to have stood still
I know you won`t come any quicker
but have to maintain my strong will

so I will sit here and wait for you
patience may not be my strength
but loving you keeps me going
won`t let you go further than my arm`s length


waiting for a loved one to return is always painful but exciting too....

© Lis Bull 2014


















1 comment:

  1. Waiting is so hard
    but wonderful when they return.

    Nicely expressed

    ReplyDelete