Sunday 29 July 2018





Moods and Emotions

Writing poetry does not always flow freely. It is not something to be forced. I find it is easier to make notes about the topic, emotion or feeling and let my pen dance when it is ready.  If an image, colour and work inspires me then poetry can flow quicker and with more passion.

For me personally, I find I write better in the early hours of the morning but unfortunately this can cause havoc my body clock. I always keep pencil and note pad next to my bed, that if I am inspired to write I am prepared. If I don`t write it down, by the morning I would of forgotten what I was going to write down.

I am sure others are inspired in different ways and record their poetry in different ways.  I would love to know what inspires them and where and when is the best time for them to write their poetry.

I always carry a small note book and pencil, ( always a pencil as its easier write with and I can always sketch my ideas for later interpretation )  everywhere I go.  Never know where or when inspiration will appear from and best to be prepared.

I find myself writing more and more these days, it`s like a therapy, a coping mechanism for the harshness of life.  I took writing up after the loss of my soulmate, my husband so as my kids grow up and more on, they don`t need me so much. I find myself alone more and more, so writing is a comfort to me.  I must be getting old  lol !

Writing is very important to me and as long as I can write, I know I will cope with whatever life throws at me.  Long may I have that ability to continue with my poetry.

Happy writing to you all

Lissie






No comments:

Post a Comment