Sunday 29 July 2018








Whisky and Drugs

Heroin, washed down with whiskey
drowning all my troubles away
as I sink deeper into oblivion ! 
routed to the spot, I can`t walk away.

dirty used needles discarded on the side
amongst the scrunched up wrappings  
empty bottles heard clinking under foot
living like lords with all the trappings !

floating on air as my troubles disappear
while the room swims round and round
euphoria takes control and all is good
until the moment my face hits the ground !

comatose, as the drug takes effect
mixed with alcohol and self pity
trying to run away from life`s horrors
while everyone lives happily in the city !

I`m trapped in a hole and can`t climb out
darkness suffocating me here under ground
nowhere to turn, just loneliness for company
only death at journey`s end, no more sound!!


(c) Lissie Bull 2018









No comments:

Post a Comment