Wednesday 26 December 2018



2018/2019

What a year it has been and goodness how quickly it has flown by too!
I have seen by poetry change throughout the month, from it`s style to it`s contents.

Growing in strength and confidence, trying out new markets, sites, competitions and tested the world with a printed out an anthology of my own. This proved to be quite successful, so now I really want to try more printed anthologies.

Excited for the future and can`t wait to try new projected.  Looking at different ways to introduce people to poetry in new and interesting ways.  Embroidery, more braille, glass, candles and maybe 3D too!

So as I start to say farewell to 2018 and look to an exciting 2019, I`m very grateful for all that I have achieved throughout this year.  More poems have been published and I have been invited to enter more poetry competitions.  

I have started to set up my support group to work with people who are going through bereavement or have been through one through the art of poetry.  For poetry can open your mind and help you express your inner feelings and emotions in a way that releases tension and deep sorrow can be set free. Healing Words is becoming a reality.  We have a Facebook group which anyone is welcome to join.  Click on the link below to check the group out. Look forward to getting to know you all,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/866037840420072/

My blog has continued to grow, over 6,724 visits so far this year and over 64.200 visits since I set up this blog.  It`s incredible that this blog has been visited by people from all over the world too.  Thank you to each and everyone who has taken the time to visit and read my poems.

So as this year starts to close, I find myself looking back over the years I have been writing and what started me on this journey. I miss my husband very much but know that he is with me in everything I do and that includes my poetry.  

I wish you all a peaceful and joyous new Year, I hope you year is full of opportunities, excitement, laughter and love. That you meet many new friends and support along your journey through life.... but above all be happy in all you do!

Thank you for the bottom of my heart for all your support and kindness throughout 2018

Lissie

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment