Monday 24 December 2018




Christmas

It`s a funny old time, the planning, preparation and military precision so thing are done with!  In our household, Christmas day is run like clockwork.

I get up first and start the turkey cooking.  Large mug of latte and a good book at the ready, I curl up on the sofa and enjoy some "me time "   The kids get up when they`re ready and make their way down after opening a few little gifts found on the end f their bed.  Chill by the TV and then lay the table for lunch.  I get a little help with the vegetables and then lunch is weather.  We sit down to a full turkey roast with all the trimmings, a glass of wine and crackers. The meal is finished off with a sumptuous dessert.  Coffee is made for me and I retreat to the sofa, while the kids clear the table and do the washing up.

After all that is done, we gather in the lounge and the main presents are handed out and opened.  the room is full of laughter and fun as each gift is revealed and opened. I love this time of the day as I watch my kids faces while they open the Christmas gifts.

When all is opens and the debris is cleared up, it`s their time to do as they please.  Some go off to visit friends or their friends will pop over for a little while.  There a chaos for a while and that`s good too!

A few sandwiches are available later and then the day winds down and all goes quiet. A film maybe watches and general chatter is heard with bouts of laughter in between.

This is a perfect Christmas for me and I love it all.  I`m proud of my family and the kindness they show. It feel good to have a full and busy house for a day.

I wonder what you Christmas Day is like,  do you have certain traditions or do you just go with the flow.  Every household is different and that`s what makes the world go round lol!

Here`s wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful and enjoyable Christmas.

Lissie

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment