Wednesday 5 December 2018





What Poetry means to me...

For me, being able to write helps me to find some freedom within motherhood and all that goes on around me.  I can enter any world I please and be engulfed in all its mysteries and emotions. taste it`s wonders and know that I can leave at any moment I chose.

To pick up my pen and let the ink flow freely across my paper, is a fabulous feeling as I am never quite sure where it will take me.  I can be influenced by events around me, an emotion or even a word or image.

I do, however, love a challenge …. it`s very rewarding to be given a topic and asked to write a poem about a question on that topic.  I have written about washing lines, a flying businessman, and a sparkling haddock lol.  What will be my next challenge?

I keep a pencil and notepad by my bed and one in my car too. I never know when a poem will start to form so I`ll need to be able to write it down.  I find a pencil is easier to write things down quickly.

Poetry also helps me to express my feelings, allowing me to express my true emotions and how they affect me throughout my life.  This includes happy times, fun times, sadly ties and unexpected events. I let them flow from my soul on to paper through my pencil and there it stays for me to remember or learn from and even share with others.

So why not give poetry a go, open your heart and soul and let your emotions, passions and imagination flow freely and see where your poetry will take you.
Above all, enjoy the moment!

Lissie 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment