Sunday 6 February 2022

Sharing Kindness

Sharing Kindness

Poetry means a lot to me and throughout these last two years, being able to write has help me cope mentally and given me a lot of positivity and comfort too.
This pandemic has affected all of us and many people have lost loved ones and seen others badly effected by Covid-19.  The News has been horrendous and very frightening as times..
Good news is always welcome, it gives us a boost, something to hold on too and cherish.

I have always done the penny challenge, and along with the pennies, I record each positive event or feeling,  little triumphs.  I write them down, fold up each note and place in with the pennies.   At the end of the year, I count up my pennies which is great but I also read each note. 
It amazes me how many wonderful and positive things have happened throughout the year.  This helps me to start each new year on a positive note and more determined to make the most of what I have throughout the year.

Looking for positivity in our lives is so important, we need to see the good things, feel we are making a difference and that our lives are happy along with the people around us.  A little kindness goes a long way!

I heard of a little girl who couldn`t have her birthday party during one of the lockdowns. She wouldn`t be able to celebrate with her friends and extended family. So a neighbour put out a plea for people to send her some birthday cards.  I contacted them and offered to write her a poem. After learning a little about the birthday girl`s likes, I wrote a Birthday poem and along with a card, happily sent it to her.  It was lovely to know that I had shared a little kindness with someone affected by the lockdown.  It was lovely to see a photo of all her cards and in amongst them was the little poem I wrote.

Small gestures can make all the difference to people in times of need or comfort.  Little acts of kindness fill hearts with joy knowing they are thought of when it`s most needed.

In a few places, people have been leaving little bags with gifts tied to posts, fences or doors for people to find and use or pass on to someone who would benefit from one.  Acts like this are not yelled about from the rooftops but quietly left to be found and appreciated.  The givers doesn`t want thanks, just to know they made someone happy.

So let`s share some kindness, however small it is and make someone happy.  

Wishing you all a happy and positive 2022 filled worth, peace, love and joy 💗

Virtual hugs  🤗

Lissie 


No comments:

Post a Comment