Friday 25 February 2022

Mother

 As Mothering Sunday approaches, it brings mixed emotions for me, as I lost my mother 10 years ago and can`t bear to get too swept up in the excitement of this special day.
My mother was my world, we spoke regularly and met when we could, sharing a chat over coffee and a cake.   These memories are held in my heart forever, she was one special lady.

Now my children look to Mothering Sunday, a card and some flowers are the order of the day.  All i want out the day, is to know that we love each other, and that we have new precious memories to make together and then hold on to when they are parents.

This poem is for a Mother Angels, who is greatly missed and deeply loved 

Lissie 
💖

Mother

Memories of our time together
are safe and secure in my heart
you taught me so much of life
it saddens me now we`re apart

as the years go by, I miss you more
the way you smiled and hug me tight
freshly baked cakes and a cup of tea
sat together putting the world right!

on this day we celebrate your love
you`re one of a kind, there`s no other
rest easy, knowing we`re doing well
for you will always be special, Mother

(C) Lissie bull 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment