Wednesday 28 May 2014

Gateway to the next world

the palpitating murmurs of the dying
are heard echoing throughout this dense wood
along with deep moans of those between worlds
haunting me....memories.. no one understood

death is but a gateway into the next world
a path that has to be taken by all
whether we travel along it willingly
our dying whispers must answer the call.

a cold sensation runs along my spine
leaves me shuddering with sheer emotion
feeling someone has walked across me grave
though dry here, I'm drowning in an ocean

these woods hold horrific memories
from that harrowing eventful day
standing here I bid farewell to your ghost
as I watch you pass on through the gateway


the gate way between worlds is a narrow one.....


© Lissie Poems 2021










No comments:

Post a Comment