Friday 28 January 2022

Freedom through Poetry



Freedom through Poetry 

To walk through a field of meadow flowers, surrounded by their scent and colours,  feels like  heavenly bliss.  Soft reds, yellows, purples amongst tall green grasses. 
Scenes like this fires the imagination, inspiring my pen to dance across clean white paper.
Poetry can be inspired by imagery that dances on all our emotions. Swirling all around us, uplifting us in many different ways and taking us to higher levels.

My poetry means a lot to me, it`s helped me to cope with some very emotional times through my life. It`s away to express how I really feel. It`s as if it gives my anonymity, I can write exactly what I`m thinking and no one knows it been written by me!  Creating total freedom.

Poetry can be many things from dark, foreboding, angry and even scary. yet it can also be soft, light, romantic or even comical. The variety is endless.  There is a poetry to suit every emotion, feeling, situation and scene.

Along with the moods of poetry, there are also many different genre, such as verse, freestyle, nonet, acrostic, shaped, comical, sonnets, haikus and ballads to name but a few.

Poetry doesn`t have to be just a simple verse,  it can be so much more!  

That`s the beauty of a poem -  why not give it a go!

Happy writing

Lissie


No comments:

Post a Comment