Saturday 29 January 2022

Sandy Toes

 

Beaches are my go to place, when I need somewhere to calm my stresses, think things through and meditate. With sand between my toes, I feel mesmerised and soothed.  Places where I feel close to loved ones and know I will be safe.



 Sandy Toes

feeling sand between my toes
as I stroll along the beach
listening to sound of the sea
whispering just out of reach!

gentle rhythms of ebb and flow
as waves wash across the sand
mesmerising all the senses
stretching out from where I stand

seaweed, shells and driftwood
beachcombing after hightide
with a strong scent of saltiness
treasures found far and wide

seagull shrieks heard over head
what they`re saying, no one knows
as waves retreat back to the depths
wet sand trickles between my toes

(C) Lissie Bull 2022














No comments:

Post a Comment