Wednesday 19 January 2022

Anxiety



Anxiety 

Anxiety is not an easy diagnosis to live with,  some days I can cope with it but others send me into a panic and all I want to do is hide. I was proscribed anti anxiety tablets, but they didn`t help me.  They made my teeth hurt and confused my mind that it made it very difficult to pick up my pen and let it dance across my notepad.  Once I stopped taking the tablets, my teeth ceased hurting but sadly I still struggled to write again. 
After talking to other crafters about anxiety, it was suggested that I tried to  write down my feelings and how my anxiety affects me.  This is exactly how I started writing poetry in the first place, after my husband Steve died from facial cancer nearly 15 years ago.  
I had to give this a go!


Anxiety 

Did I lock the front door properly?
I turn round and check once again
it`s becoming my daily ritual
feeling my life`s a pantomime!

every part of my day`s effected
with this diagnosis I`ve been given
doing general household chores
feel I`m at sixes and sevens

driving is now sadly a no-no
unless I have a co-pilot with me
I fret about the other drivers
anxiety, sings at me like a symphony!

but saddest of all is my poetry
my pen unable to dance on paper
sometimes I`m scared it`s lost for good
and my poems will turn to vapour

this anxiety, is a waking nightmare
made worse by all that`s going on
Covid measures, missed family
just want this anxiousness gone!

(C) Lissie Bull 2022



No comments:

Post a Comment