Saturday 14 June 2014

Broken Trust

Trust is is an honour
not to be taken lightly
given after much thought
certainly nothing too flighty

I believe you to be that
sadly I was proved wrong
found out the hard way
you sang a different song

for with your betrayal
you not only hurt me
but ripped though my heart
and stabbed my so deeply

you did not care who you hurt
nor whose life you brought down
so callous and so selfish
wish you`d never walked into town

nasty and pugnacious
only out for your own self
yet you seemed so nice and kind
yet you left me on a high shelf

trust means so much to me
but had very little to you
your rules have no meaning
I now know this to be true


Its so hard to pick yourself up again after your trust in someone has been broken and misused...


Copyright © Lissie Poems 2014. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment