Sunday 3 April 2022

NaPoWriMo 2022

Day 1 - prompt

Robert Hass prose poem "A story about the body"  Write your own prose poem that, what ever title you chose to give it, is a story about the body. The story should contain an encounter between two people, some spoken language, and at least one crisp visual image.



"Bloody hell,  my knees hurt so bad!"  I`m sitting on the floor and unable to get up.  "my body is slowly giving up!"   Holding out her hand to help me up, my friend replies "Don`t be so silly you're not that old!!"  We had spend a pleasant afternoon going through old photos together and now my friend had to go home.  Grabbing her out stretched hand, I manoeuvre myself  around and slowly get up.  Arthritis is so debilitating and getting worse by the years, don`t think I`ll be sitting on the floor like that again though. 

(C) Lissie Bull 2022 





No comments:

Post a Comment