Friday 29 April 2022

NaPoWriMo 2022

Day 29  -  prompt   Sleeping Beauty was given some unique christening gifts.  Today`s challenge is to write a poem musing over the gifts you receive at your christening, whether they be traditional, weird, powers or cursed.

Happy writing!

Christening

Welcoming a new born child
snuggled in cotton and lace
little fingers and tiny toes
big eyes and a gurgling face

celebrating a special day
with gifts, good luck and joy
energy, luck and silver spoon
kindness, beauty and a little toy!

as everyone tucks into their cake
grandma gently places a letter
in baby`s crib, in it a written note
never be afraid, we`re here together!

for me that was the best gift I got
knowing I have my Grandmother
my her side, we`ll beat any evil
yet no one will guess we`re together

(C) Lissie Bull 2022















 

No comments:

Post a Comment