Monday 15 April 2019


Day 15 of my NaPoWriMo Challenge

Today, I’d like to challenge you to write your own dramatic monologue. It doesn’t have to be quite as serious as Browning or Shakespeare, of course, but try to create a sort of specific voice or character that can act as the “speaker” of your poem, and that could be acted by someone reciting the poem. 




From on high, I watch....


the burning of my city
smoke billowing skyward
choking the air I breath
clogging up my lungs

like lava crawling along it`s path
flames destroying our heritage
engulfing a 1000 years of history
when will it cease?

from screams of the dying
to the pain of the injured
my people are suffering 
this barbaric war

my heart is in pain
I feel for my people
who have given so much
that I may go on to conquer ….


(C) Lissie Bull 2019
image from on Tumblr titled `the lone rider`






















No comments:

Post a Comment