Saturday 25 April 2020





Lockdown Emotions

These are troubling times,  we`re all in lockdown. Staying at home and trying to look after each other. Only going out when it`s really necessary.  Sadly some families find themselves separated for a number of reason and this can be really scary.
With everything shut down most people are working from home. parents are having to home school their children. Queuing outside the supermarkets and pharmacists every day, staying two metre away from other people. It`s a different world we now live in.

These new measures bring new problem and emotions with them.  Depression, loneliness and mental health issues, to name but a few.  Support is limited due to people self isolating and not able to work for up to two weeks.  the risk of infection I high.  NHS staff, care works, doctors, drivers, postmen and even bus drivers are putting their lives at risk to help other.   These are frightening times.

I have some of my family with me through these tough times and I keep in touch the others by mobile, internet, video chat and even letter. it`s so important to keep the links open.  Not just for family but for friends too!

Through these times, I have been drawn to think about my husband and how much I miss him. This year it will be 13 years since he passed away and was given his wings.  I find myself talking to him, telling him my fears and emotions, asking him to watch over us all during these worrying times.  I know he is there, as he leaves me white feathers to find in the must unusual places.  I treasure each ad every one.

So when you are down and unsure of yourself, remember there are always people you can turn too. Whether these be professional or spiritual, there will be someone there.  Talk to them, tell them how you feel, ask for guidance and you will find that the answers will present themselves to you, but not necessarily the way you think they will!!

Also remember there are many way to help to release your emotions. Art is a wonderful way to help you.  Painting, drawing, writing, sewing, knitting, crafting, music (playing or listening) and poetry!  Art helps you to release the built up pressure of all the stress and emotions of this lockdown. 

Try one of them, it doesn`t matter how good or bad it is, the actual act of doing is really helps you.  You don`t have to share what you do, just spend a little while each day and you will see good results.

What have you got to lose?    Go on  give it a try!

Take care of yourselves and stay safe!

Lissie x


No comments:

Post a Comment