Saturday 4 April 2020


Day 4 National Poetry Writing Month 

#NaPoWriMo

Our prompt for the day (optional as always) takes its cue from our gently odd resources, and asks you to write a poem based on an image from a dream. We don’t always remember our dreams, but images or ideas from them often stick with us for a very long time. I definitely have some nightmares I haven’t been able to forget, but I’ve also witnessed very lovely things in dreams



Sanctuary....

through secluded woods I find
paradise a place to unwind
nestled in a small clearing 
silent, yet so endearing
a little wooden chalet 
perfect place to hide away
while soft snow is falling
a roaring fire is calling
to enter this  sanctuary 
and taste peace momentary
while the wintry storm rages on
I`ll rest until the cold has gone

(c) Lissie Bull 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment