Monday 20 April 2020


Day 20  National Poetry Writing Month 2020

#NaPoWriMo

Prompt -   write a poem about a handmade or homemade gift that you have received. It could be a friendship bracelet or an itchy sweater made by an aunt or even a cake from grandma.  What ever the gift you choose, we wish you happy writing!






Mother`s Gift


On Mothering Sunday morning
can you imagine my surprise
to receive a wonderful gift
a uniquely crafted rose, I spied


a beautifully hand forged steel rose
designed with love, created from the heart
tactile and realistic in every way
a gift that mmeat so much, a work of art


individual petals form the flower
drawing me into it`s wondrous spell
attached to a long sleek steel stem
wonder, if real, how it would smell!

my rose is simply beautiful
I`m transported to paradise
thank you to my talented son
it was such a fabulous surprise

(c) Lissie Bull 2020





















No comments:

Post a Comment