Thursday 2 April 2020

April 2020

National Poetry Writing Month Day 1

#NaPoWriMo

I’d like to challenge you to write a self-portrait poem in which you make a specific action a metaphor for your life – one that typically isn’t done all that often, or only in specific circumstances. For example, bowling, or shopping for socks, or shoveling snow, or teaching a child to tie its shoes. 



Fridge Fear


Opening the fridge.. oh my
found a forest of packages
and partially empty bottles
goodness what a sight met my eye

stripping out it`s contents
finding items I`d forgotten
wow there`s a solitary onion
a disaster area for presents

sponge and cleaner in hand
it`s nose to the grind stone, I go
soon have it clean as a whistle
it will be worth it in the end!


(c) Lissie Bull 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment