Monday 6 April 2020



Day 6  National Poetry Writing Month


#NaPoWriMo     


Today`s prompt is to take a character from Hieronymous Bosch`s "The Garden of Earthly Delights"  Write it through the eyes of your chosen character, there are many different ones to choose from.  









Albino Giraffe

this Garden of Eden, be it heaven or hell
visual sight twisted through the mind
stood here betwixed beauty and horror
towering among beasts of many kind

Regal in my stance I view these events
watching with marvel as Adam meets Eve
to see God`s glory being unfurled 
yet visualising much sorrow to grieve

located in between these chasms of fate
a pool of meditation feed the beasts

my world doth change but for good?

will it be filled with God`s priests?

to watch beast devour beast with greed
will Adam and Eve face the same fate?
or will my white fur see me bleed?
  with these evil delights in God`s Garden



                  (c) Lissie Bull 2020












No comments:

Post a Comment