Tuesday 13 April 2021

After the Loss..


After the Loss ...

After the death of my husband, I fought hard to help my children live their lives again. Losing their father was hard enough, but carrying on without him for the rest of their loves wasn`t going to be a walk in the park!

The first year would always be a hard one, going through the first anniversaries, but I never stopped mentioning his name or encouraging them to hold on to his memory!

That was 13 years ago, and now my children are adults and moving on with their lives.
They`ve graduated, got jobs and some have partners and moved out too.

I`m proud of all they have achieved and know that their father will always be with them even if their memories of him have faded through the years.

For me though, I am still here, doing the same things as I`ve always done. Being mother and father to my family by providing and caring for them. The many hats of motherhood!

However, in my heart, I am still mourning Steve. I know he is with me wherever I go and we walk together putting the world to rights as we go!  These days, sadly, I spend more time on my own than ever before with only my cats for company.

I`m use to noisy, busy days helping my children, trying to get everything do, thinking outside the box so that I can be ready for every eventuality or mishap. Life was buzzing and active in all ways. Now it`s quiet, gentle and lonely too!

This pandemic hasn`t helped at all, for now I see less and less of my family, restrictions stop our get-togethers and celebrations.  Staying as home more, and furloughing means less money, less outing and less treats too. I`m also down to one cat after the sudden death of our dear Squeak!

My writing helps me to escape, allowing me some sanctuary away from my mundane life. Release from the pain for losing my soulmate. Through poetry I can express my inner feelings, my thoughts and emotions.  

Poetry is a wonderful way to ease pressure from all emotions whether they are passionate or very dark.  By writing down these feeling, stress is released in a good way, so the heart and soul feel calmer and quieter.   This is something I have done ever since Steve`s death and I will continue to write down my emotions.

I will also continue to offer an ear to others going through or have been through a bereavement. By listening to them, I am helping them to release built up stress, thus feeling better in the long run.  My mission is to help others by introducing them to the art of writing poetry, how they feel, what`s stressing or annoying them, Letting the heart tell the world what`s going on..  In time this will help them as it helped me.

So always feel free to write down your inner feeling, release any pent up stress or negative emotions, cleansing the soul. Letting the pressure build up is an unhealthy state of mind so by releasing it all, the pressure is eased and the mind is calmed.

Poetry is a great way to a healthy life!   Never be afraid to write!

Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment