Monday 5 April 2021

 National Poetry Writing Month

Day 5  NaPoWriMo


Today`s prompt challenges us to find a poem and then write a new poem that has the shape of the original, and in which every line starts with the first letter of the corresponding line in the original poem.


Little Papoose


If I were the moon

with a star papoose

in the windy sky

I`d carry my one star home


if I were the sea

with boats in my arms

on this cold morning

I`d carry them


if I were sleeping

and my dreams turned

I would carry you

little papoose

wherever you choose


By Helen Dunmore



Passing Owls


In the dark of night

wide eyed owls

inspired by the stars

ignited by each mind


in the bright blue sea

waves rocking seaweed

over the frothy surface

inspiring ocean life


in the depths of my dreams

away from daily life

imagination thrives

longing for escape

wave to the passing owls!

(C) Lissie Bull 2021











No comments:

Post a Comment