Saturday 10 April 2021

 Day 10  National Poetry Writing Month

Prompt - Find a popular song you like and take some note. Then rifle through your junk box/drawer and make another page of notes.  Now bring the 2 pages together in a new poem.

NaPoWriMo2021


Nights in white Satin

Letters I wrote - never meaning to send

gazing at people

they don`t understand

never reaching the end

what is the truth I can`t say

Cause I love you

thoughts they can not defend



Junk Drawer

Tape measure only centimetres 

one blue butter

small box of nails

light bulb for a night light

black elastic

deck of cards

batteries for the radio

green Christmas tree leg


Nights in the Junk Drawer


night rummaging in the junk drawer

never meaning to make a loud noise

unsent letter crumpled and discarded 

deck of cards bringing back some joys


they really don`t understand me

as my collection never ends

my little blue button and box of nails

it`s like gazing at people and friends


finding the Christmas tree leg

what the truth is, I can not say

cause I love you dear Junk drawer

batteries and light bulb wanted one day!

(C) Lissie Bull 2021






No comments:

Post a Comment