Wednesday 16 October 2013

The storm

Rain beats down upon my window
The sound is soothing to my ear
Love to hear the pitter patter
Feeding the earth I hold so dear

Each drop hitting my window pane
Reflecting the light from within
Rolling all the way down slowly
As if the world outside was crying

Wow suddenly a flash is seen
The lightning`s so vivid and bright
Illuminating the landscape
Creating a wondrous sight

Then a mighty clap of thunder
Fills the air with such a sound
Booms across the whole horizon
Feel it echoing all around

So all that`s heard now is the rain
Beating down upon my window
Waiting for the next flash of light
Then thunder to complete the show



Rain, lightning and thunder are great to watch from the safety of you own room,
is so much better than being out in it!!


© Lis Bull 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment