Monday 14 October 2013


Sadness, over whelming sadness
Nothing feels right, nothing`s the same

Everywhere I look, I see pain

Why`s this happening, who`s to blame?

 

A dark cloud hangs over us all
Destruction to be seen all around
The smell of death is in the air

As fires rage here on the ground

 

Gun shots heard very close by us
Bombs falling as we run for cover

Buildings exploding from behind

I will this devastating war was over


 
Bodies lay where they had fallen

I`m running blindly through it all

Diving for cover as guns fire

Should  get through, I mustn`t stall !

 

The helicopter waits ahead

My escape from all this horror

Evacuated from my home


The enemy as brought such terror.



A photo in the National Geographical caught my attention and made me realise how lucky we are.  I feel all the war torn countries.



© Lis Bull 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment