Monday 7 October 2013






Tiger Greetings.

Looking through the display glass
a pair of eyes staring back at me
for you`re just as inquisitive
wondering who I could really be

ears pricked up and whiskers flared
you`re so alert to us watching
eyes wide open as you scan us
your mirrored patterns matching

golden hues with black stripes
white patches stand out in between
many thick whiskers twitching
what have your eyes really seen

curling your lips back in a smile
you show us your fangs so fearsome
with your huge pink tongue lolling
I hope you will still be my chum

you slowly turn and walk away
and I thank you for greeting me
you`re such a beautiful tiger
I wish that I could set you free!



Inspired by a photo, 
Its such a shame these magnificent animals are disappearing from our world!



© Lissie Bull 2020

Image found on  english.sina.com 








No comments:

Post a Comment